Caring for your health properly is so much more than just the basics of eating right and exercise. With current medical research, we have discovered that the body is a complex collection of organs and systems and even bacterial colonies (microbiomes) that greatly impact each other.
While the standard of care hasn’t quite caught up yet with much of the current science, conventional doctors and “specialists” are still treating parts of the body separately without taking into account the fact that all these areas greatly impact each other.
When you are healthy, different organs and body systems work together like a symphony in perfect harmony – and you have vibrant health.
But when one of these systems is off balance, the whole symphony is out of tune! When you need a “tune-up,” so to speak, not only do you need to look at areas that aren’t working right… but also ensure that the rest of your body is in balance.
Sadly, most patients only receive medications to treat symptoms associated with a body part that “isn’t working” when in reality, it’s often a systemic issue that needs to be treated in a completely different way.
In addition, the conventional medical approach also doesn’t consider that each person is born with unique health needs. Based on their genetic factors, the environment they were born into, what kinds of bacteria populate their gut, as well as what they are exposed to as they grow – each person’s body has a very unique health profile which means they need an equally unique healing protocol.
It’s no wonder people go from doctor to doctor and never find the answers to their illness! Conventional medicine often misses the mark when it comes to effectively treating many chronic illnesses caused by aging, environment and diet, hormonal imbalances, and food sensitivities because they try to treat symptoms with medications alone. In fact, we find with our patients that while they may share the same symptoms, they frequently suffer from very different imbalances.
That’s why at the Mood Restoration Institute, we follow a more comprehensive “functional medicine” approach that incorporates advanced functional lab testing and current nutritional science to help you rebalance and finally heal.
This in-depth approach is the only successful way of treating chronic disorders because most chronic illnesses have many causes.
Instead of simply addressing different symptoms across separate areas, functional medicine seeks to treat underlying root causes – while looking at lifestyle factors such as diet, environment, emotional health, and mindset that often drive the illness patients are seeking to heal.
Our functional medicine programs are a more comprehensive form of care to help patients learn how to upgrade their lifestyle – so they don’t remain stuck in the chronic illness “hamster wheel.”
Here are just some of the things we focus on in our programs:
- We take a personalized medicine approach. We will only make a medical diagnosis after listening carefully to a patient’s medical history, reviewing testing, looking at lifestyle factors that are materially contributing to illnesses, then make personalized recommendations based on each patient’s unique case.
- Assessment, natural healing, and prevention are prioritized over wait-and-see treatment approaches.
- The most modern and advanced medical equipment available is used along with natural forms of healing, like upgrading your diet and utilizing healing botanicals or pharmaceutical-grade supplementation.
- Patients are taught how to take a more active role in their own health and will learn up-to-date nutritional science and lifestyle modifications that can boost their health and overall wellness for a lifetime.
- Instead of relying exclusively on prescription medications for symptom relief, Dr. Amato and her team at the Mood Restoration Institute diagnose problems holistically and arm patients with the modern tools they need for healthy living.
Since the founding of her practice, Dr. Erin Amato and her team have helped patients heal from life-altering conditions such as:
- Mood and Mental Health Disorders
- Energy Issues, Stress, & Chronic Pain
- Cognitive Issues
- Digestive Disorders
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity & Dyslipidemia
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Mood Restoration Institute is right for you.