As a double board certified Pediatric and Adult Psychiatrist, Dr. Amato is trained in the most advanced approaches utilizing prescription medications for treating depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders. She also practices integrative and functional psychiatry, which gives her an expanded toolbox of ways to help people achieve optimal mood and brain health. Her specialization in innovative treatments has included the use of TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation), Ketamine and Esketamine, and functional medicine interventions to address treatment-resistant depression and mind, body, and lifestyle factors.
Her approach to diagnosing and treating mood and mental health disorders uses a comprehensive approach that addresses biological, psychological, social, and spiritual components . In addition to utilizing these treatments effectively, she also strives to teach patients that optimal mental health is dependent on:
- Gut health and repair to optimize the gut-brain connection
- Balanced hormones with attention to insulin, thyroid, adrenal, and sex hormones
- Optimal weight and metabolic health, including healthy blood sugar
- Healthy detoxification processes in the brain and body
- Optimized sleep
- Stress management to promote emotional and physiologic resilience
- Healthy connections with friends, family, community, and medical practitioners
She is proud to bring her decades of medical knowledge to the Mood Restoration Institute. She is equally honored to be joined by the exciting and experienced team that she has trained to work alongside her.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Mood Restoration Institute is right for you.